Youth Climate Pledge
The Youth Climate Pledge is a collaborative plan of action designed by the 2008 Youth Leadership Summit student participants.
How did it come together? The Pledge conversation started months before the Summit as students contributed, via a group Youth Climate Pledge Wiki, various ideas on how to get involved in the climate crisis at home, at school, in their communities, and throughout the world. The UN Foundation then brought all their ideas and bullet points to the Youth Leadership Summit where the students were given time to discuss and debate which ideas were the most tangible and significant.
After tallying up the votes, we were able to come up with 21 solid ways to commit to taking action against climate change!
So how can YOU use the Climate Pledge?
Don't wait for someone else to tell you how you can help, start now by downloading the Youth Climate Pledge and spreading the word yourself!
Here are some tips for how to use the pledge:
- Get people to sign on. This is a pledge afterall! Once you start to receive multiple signatures, send your numbers to email@example.com where we will start a tally and get the word out.
- Post the pledge around your neighborhood and school and distribute it out as a tipsheet.
- Write your local newspaper editors and have them publish your commitment to getting more people to act.
- Get in contact with your local officials and have them sign onto your cause.
- Be creative and make a video about the Youth Climate Pledge! Post it on The People Speak's YouTube Page! We will be sure to get it on The People Speak website.
- Teachers and Students, you can also download this interactive Youth Climate Pledge Worksheet that helps you put your own words, commitments and goals into the pledge making it your very own.
Creating and Submitting an Action Plan
The UN Foundation wants to hear what YOU plan to do with the Youth Climate Pledge.
Download our Action Plan Guide now to learn how to create your own plan based on the Pledge, get more people involved, and implement your goals to create lasting change.
After you create your personal Youth Climate Pledge Action Plan, we encourage you to submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be continuously highlighting individual submissions and using the pledge as a way to motivate and rally youth all over the world.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE EXCITING WAYS TO GET INVOLVED. WHO KNOWS, THERE MIGHT EVEN BE A CONTEST OR TWO ALONG THE WAY...